is this thing on?
well hello. long time no talk to. sorry (as always). i just had to get my life in order. went thru a bunch of big changes, new job, new city, new routines. but i'm back and i'm ready to post. you'll see all the usual stuff, restaurant reviews, life stories, weird items and more. until then, you'll have to settle for a few lists. i don't even have any drawings of photos for you this time around. i'll work on it.
pathetically lame excuses as to why i haven't updated:
- we moved
- we didn't have internet at home for about a month
- i got a new job (i've mentioned it before, from forever on it shall be called "the cutlery") and needed to impress them and not be that new girl slacking off on the computer
- we finally got internet at home and the computer desk doesn't have a chair (still doesn't)
- i've been busy enjoying my new life.
some things i've done in the past 3+ months:
- moved to san francisco, new adventures and eateries await
- moved in with randall full time, we don't hate each other yet - amazing
- got a new job at the cutlery, so far i don't hate it, but i don't love it either
- been to some shows including an amazing return of the rentals
- had a fantastic housewarming, sorry if you couldn't make it
- got really super sick, sorry if i passed it on
- got a new library card and pass time on muni with audiobooks (avoid zadie smith's on beauty, it is extremely disappointing)
- reconnected with some fantastic old friends
- missed a lot of my sacto friends
- still haven't reconnected with some old friends, some of whom i probably pass everyday and don't even know it.
- fed the wild parrots of telegraph hill (one even landed on my head)
- saw several lit & decorated xmas trees, and that was way back in august
- actually went to the movies, most recently science of sleep, go see it
- went to the sfmoma and saw matthew barney's "drawing restraint 9"
- bought a sewing machine
- knitted a great t-shirt material scarf
- wished we had a dog (landlord says no)
- bought an awesome angela adams rug
- paid to have randall buddy-punched by sarah vowell (sidenote: anyone else see her on the premiere of that six degrees show???)
things i'm looking forward to
- neon's baby to be born
- the dears tomorrow at amoeba &popscene
- john hodgman at cody's next week
- bao turning 21 in november
- cutlery sample sale
- lost premiere (which is tonite!)
- this work day to be over
- meatoberfest (this happening still???)
- finding some sort of entryway bench where i can sit and put my shoes on as to not get shoedirt on the awesome new rug
- using my new cute yellow marimekko umbrella (which is probably going to happen today)
great things i've eaten
- yummy $12 entrees from 2023 (only on tuesdays)
- great salmon at tangerine
- burger with a fried egg on it at grumpy's
- cheap tacos from my new favorite taco truck
- some sort of chili flavored rice chips from costco (amazing!)
- fresh grape salsa with mint
- bbq items galore (randall got a new bbq)
- fried tofu sandwich
- fuji apple mentos from taiwan (thanks bao)
- cream puffs at beard papa
- gelato at the new mall
- sushi rolls with mango in them (my fave)
- bag lunches at myth (mostly for the baked treat)
- humboldt fog - a great goat cheese (thanks to cindy for bringing it)
- the official pocketpig breakfast: sesame bagels with cream cheese and sliced tomatoes, salt & pepper followed by a glass of fresh oj
as you can see, some things never change - including my laziness.
but i promise new posts, just needed a little break to settle in.
Posted by pocketpig at October 4, 2006 04:33 PM
welcome back to the internets!
Posted by: leeeeeeon at October 5, 2006 09:05 AM
Man, bao got mentioned in that twice. I see how it is.
Anyhow, a much needed improvement on "Indian food + pizza?!?!"
Post a comment
Now you can say whatcha like! (sign out)